Dumaguete Royal Suite Inn

The Hotel in Dumaguete that welcomes all Dumaguete travellers and visitors with Royal accommodations

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Vmware

Vmware is one of the main players in Virtualization and has released the free, no-cost Vmware Player which can be used to run virtual machines which is cool but it does not have the capability to make or create them. That is done by Vmware Workstation which has to be purchased. While there are ways of creating empty virtual machines using Qemu, I have not been able to install the guest OS using Vmware player because it refuses to boot from the iso file which contains the OS. Bummer. Good thing one can download an evaluation copy of Vmware Workstation which is what I did.

I proceeded to create VMs which is fairly straightforward and installing Ubuntu-desktop and Ubuntu-Server was a breeze with just a minor glitch which was entirely the result of my own ignorance. I did have some problem with the mouse on Desktop where it would not go where I wanted it to even after installng Vmware tools.

Anyway, here's Cagayan de Oro City with another one: Cagayan de Oro City. My Cebu City site has made pr1, surprise, surprise. Dumaguete is still in the boondocks as far as Google goes but Dumaguete has made some headway.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home